Nuts and Bolts
RCA Academy is a supplemental curriculum that reinforces academic standards while supporting students’ self-efficacy and social / emotional learning through relevant, healthy cooking experiences.
Our proprietary curriculum supports multiple academic and social/emotional standards through authentic hands-on activities.
- Hands-on learning meets the needs of diverse students, helping to build confidence and a sense of self-efficacy
- Integrated curriculum includes academic and nutrition information as they apply to the cooking experience.
- Digital platform allows students to complete their lessons at home or school
- Novelty will appeal to students and teachers who need a different kind of experience to re-capture the excitement of learning
- Individual backpacks ensure all students can actively participate and apply that new learning at home, too
Who is this program for?
- Young people, grades 2-12
- Summer camp or summer enrichment experiences
Does the program require a teacher or camp counselor?
- Students can complete the curriculum on their own on a laptop or tablet or
- The curriculum can be facilitated by a teacher or camp counselor.